Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Natasakay; Chapter 2

Chapter 2



Floating around Destell seemed so boring. Like trying to explore and discover something you created. I floated on my back with my head tilted back to see everything upside down to make it a little more alluring. Inching toward the atmosphere the pink sky was getting darker; purple, to deep navy. Going out to the galaxies wasn’t allowed after the seventeenth moon past the Destell Mountains.
Closer, closer… The sky was pitch black and I was so close I could feel the magnetic pull shoving me forward. I resisted and hovered just below the atmospheres surface. For so many years I had always obeyed the rules, been a good girl, or so it seemed. Always. Now though, something deep inside me made my heart race with need. Something made me feel the unrefined want to take a risk; get in trouble. I mean real trouble. Sneaking about and hiding was just a trick, a game.



“Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…” I star whistled to Frisentica. Moments past. It never took Frizzy this long.


“Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…” I whistled again, getting impatient. She appeared swiftly, smiling and giggling. I sensed something else though…Some kind of pain deep in her starry, small, glittery eyes.


“Frizzy, what took you?” My question was swallowed by the atmospheres force, but I was sure Frizzy could hear my words with her intense hearing. She spoke quickly in the dialect.


“Nothing…As usual. Waiting for your call I suppose…” Frizzy paused momentarily, letting an awkward instant pass.


“Oh…Well, do you think you could get me out of here?”


An emotion I couldn't put my finger on flashed in her eyes for a speed-of-light moment, then was replaced with joy again. I laughed. No, not laughed I roared. Giggling wildly I pointed to the atmosphere. This feeling was like one of something trying to awaken itself, trying to break free of the bonds of my body. I tried to swallow, to breath even, but to no avail. The more I tried to release it, the more I laughed. Frisentica’s face went red; her typically soft eyes went angry and hard. Frisentica’s mood changed rapidly and she looked at me oddly, nodding slowly and curiously. Her eyes squinted, perplexed.


That made two of us. My body shuddered and trembled. Like an earth quake happening within me. Another tremor shook my body and suddenly I spun, pain strangled my legs, screaming and laughing, crying and singing I left Destell in a swirl so fast I was incapable of anything. Slowing down as I entered space was a wonderful feeling. The only thing was my leg was twisted in a grotesque way. I winced as sound waves rocked it back and forth.


“What happened?” The words slurred together in a blurry mash. I looked down again at my leg and red flashed before my eyes. My stomach heaved and I gagged.


Black swirled with white to gray.


Black.



~




Jasek held me rocked in his arms, his compassionate amber eyes soothing my stumbled, confused mind. Blue grass surrounded and reached for the deep purple sky. Clouds whirled around the moon, which one I’m not sure. It was like a little dance between the partnered moons and the flitting clouds. All dancing together in sequence, randomly choreographed. The fact that it was much much past the seventeenth moon was sure trouble on my part. Isn't that what I wanted? I dared to look down at my leg, but kept myself from doing so.


“Jasek…” He smelled sweet, like Bidel fruit.


“Shhhhh.” He whispered in my ear and touched the freckles that sprinkled my face. I closed my eyes, falling down, down, down, into another place in my mind.



~




The second sun yawned over the distant Destell Mountains. The clouds parted, ebbing and flowing gently. Blue grass towered around me and echoed on for miles on toward the Destell forest which surrounded the perimeter of a small lake in the middle. Sometimes that would be my place of halcyon, but most preferably to leave this caged up planet gave me the most untroubled serenity. I gritted my teeth at the dull throb aching in my leg and decided to simply enjoy the first moment of the day. Breathing a small breath of fragile and limited waft of oxygen, I sucked it into my small lungs and exhaled luxuriously.
Jasek stirred silently.
His well formed face glinted with the auburn light from the not-fully-awoken sun. Jasek seemed so at peace; so relaxed. Majority of the time, a concerned pout contoured his face, but right now, all that care and entanglement of responsibility faded into a quiet silhouette of absolute tranquility. I sighed once more and almost reflexively I glanced at my broken and bent leg. I did a brisk double take, for my leg was not broken and bent, but perfect and healed. I touched it curiously. I shivered at the cold touch of my own hand. But what puzzled me the most was the blue hand print that pulsed on my calf.


“Are you okay?” I turned back to Jasek. A small chuckle slipped from my lips at his choice of words for the beginning of a new day. Always caring for others but never for himself. A line of worry reattached itself to his forehead.


“Yes, I’m fine.” I laughed again in spite of myself. The sun stretched in silence across the tan sky; reflecting its’ hazy glow across the sleepy grass. He nuzzled his face in my hair.


“I love you.” He whispered so quiet almost silent, “so very much.”


I smiled. Everything felt so right, so together. Every word in that short sentence was so honest, so avidly honest.


“I love you too.” Looking into his eyes I saw them change to a feathery blue, then back to gold. Given the peace of this moment I decided to bring up the inevitable question that still stirred my thoughts.

"What-" The words evaporated in my mouth as another thought reentered my mind.


“What’s this?” I glanced down at the pulsing blue handprint on my calf. He sat up abruptly and looked at it skeptically. His eyes were angry for a moment; hair flashing red, purple, than fell back to a happy, contented sandy blonde.


“Well, I’m not sure.” Anger swept up into my face, my heart pounded in my throat. I could feel my hair lift from my shoulders and start to twist in irritation and anger. The same honesty that, moments before, had been so genuinely said, were now mirrored in these lies.


“Why are you lying?” The words slipped critically from my mouth.
His hair flew frantically around his head in panicky circles.


“You…Shouldn’t accuse people before you have evidence.”


“Your hair and eyes tell all. I’m not stupid.”


The muscles in Jaseks' jaw flexed. Like a soon-coming storm, thunder erupted in his chest. My dress shimmered colors of anger: red, orange, and a yellow so neon it was almost impossible to look at.


“I. Don’t. Know.” He snarled angrily in my face. Blood thundered in my ears with acrimony.


“Stop lying! You know it and I know it. You can see your emotions right through your eyes.” A tear streamed down my face.


Why am I acting like this?


He mumbled something too quiet for even the wind to hear. Tears rolled off my cheeks.


“Please. Tell me the truth.” Jasek dropped his head and looked back up at me. His sad blue hair fell to his ears.


“If you loved me you would tell me! You wouldn’t hide secrets like this!” I blurted in outrage finally.
His face twitched and his hair turned grey. A grey so dull it made me want to rewind and swallow those words. I had touched a nerve and my anger redirected itself.
I remembered only one time when he had been this sad, and the reason for that I still don’t know. For weeks, though, he floated around; his head hung low and grey hair that flooded into his despondent eyes. I would rub his back and try to comfort his bereaved mood but to no advantage. Jasek would simply shrug my hand off his shoulder and fly onward.


“Don’t cry. Please don’t cry.” He whispered reaching for me.
I pushed myself deeper into the grass. His eyebrows tied themselves together and he disappeared. The grass waved good-bye from where he was once sitting. My hair sank indigo to my shoulders, rolling in slow, long waves down my back; thumping slowly, deliberately. Putting my head in my hands I let all the tears of all the pain I felt disappear into a nothingness of past.

So, I’ll be working on three blogs at once.
Comment on ‘em, whether you want them to continue or not, maybe a few outcomes you want for the various characters.
(This one is totally up to you. Want a character to do something? Just comment and let me know.)
The story is in your hands.
Enjoy. =)
L.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment